Sunday, April 8, 2012

Minus a Real Brain

Sometimes I find really, I mean Really Great Furniture and then my left brain says but it's missing a handle or it has marks on the top . . oh my what ever will I do??? I mean really, what was I thinking??? Just because the Bakelite handle was broken on the bottom drawer and there were marks on the top of this dresser and vanity, clearly I was not thinking . . . at all.

I was contacted by a dear friend who wanted more pictures of the vanity and I sent them. Some mention of the dresser was in there but I missed that completely.
You can see where I wiped off the paint.
Interest was expressed by the buyer and then mention again of needing photos of the dresser and perhaps purchase of both if they liked them.

My heart sank, in my tenny brain, when my real self was missing, I painted the dresser and mirror, chalk paint blue. Can you imagine how my heart sank when the buyer perhaps wants the set only one piece is now blue. One good thing is that chalk paint before it is waxed will wipe off without damage to the finish.   Can I wipe it off and make it like it was before??  I don't really know.  This is a very hard lesson to learn. Be patient when you have a really nice set and don't paint it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment