Saturday, September 29, 2012

Granddaughter's Bedroom

 
We worked on my granddaughters bedroom today.  No painting allowed in the home.  We made up for that with Tinkerbell vinyl from Costco that she picked out.  Total for the stencil of Tinkerbell was $20.  Pillowcase $5.00, headboard free, pile of pillows, recovered with my fabrics, $10.  Photo total $35.00
 
My daughter made the bedspread for the project and it will be her forever quilt.  I had the headboard for six months so I painted it black, did a cute pink stencil in the center and donated it to the room.  That is a pile of pillows for the reading corner, peeking from behind the bed.
 
 
I also has purchased this cute top to an amoire some months ago, put bun feet on it and found that when the doors opened, it tips over.  That is a problem.  I did not feel I could sell it with that problem.  Solution:  Paint it black to match the headboard, add the same stencil and screw it to the wall.  It holds dress up clothes and shoes for now but can be a three shelf, bookshelf when she is older.  The pink bar with hooks, yard sale find for $3.00.  I put a few stencils inside just for fun.  She will be six next week.  The recovered hassock was a donated piece as well as the black amoire as it did not sell in my antique booth.  Cabinet was free, pink bar was $3.00.  Total for this photo is $3.00.
 
 

This cute green desk and mirror are being purchased from me for the found price.  The mirror was $10 and the desk $25.  I sprayed them both a fun green from the bedspread quilt.  She had the black chair.  The curtain is a twin flat sheet, new, bordered with extra fabric from the quilt.  It is tied back with tulle I found at Goodwill.  Total for this photo is $27.00
 

I had the frame and used pink Rustoleum paint on it.  The lamp is from Goodwill $5.99, the dresser was a Craigslist find, painted and fixed $155.  It is a vintage Bassett Dresser with five drawers.  Art work will go in the frame.
This room total is $160.99
 
 
Stick with binder clips, spray painted Rustoleum Berry Pink from the quilt will hold art work and can change as often as she wants it too.  No more messy fridge.
 

Decorated.   Total for the clip stick was $ .51 for wood, Home Depot Cull Bin, four clips $4.00 at Wal-Mart.  This photo's cost $4.51.
 


Her name from JoAnn's for about $14.00 on sale.  So for this photo $14.00
 


This is one of those dresser mirrors you see at Goodwill but this one came with a dresser I bought this weekend, free.  Berry Pink by Rustoleum spray paint.  Cost for this photo and all the pink paint was $3.95
 
 



Three paper poofs from Wal-mart, $1.47 each.
Photo total, $4.41.
 

I thing the stencil on the desk, headboard, dresser and dress-up cabinet turned out fun!  There is also a white 3'x4' run from Goodwill $6.25, not shown by the bed.  Two cans of green Rustolem spray paint was also used and one can of black, $11.85, black bed skirt from Goodwill, new, $4.00. Total for this entry is $18.10
 
Total for makeover


$274.96
 
(The quilt for the bed was not included as my daughter started it five years ago and finished it last night at 1am)

It turned out cute and everyone even Dad was happy with the results.  I can see it needs more on the walls but that will come as they see what else they want to put there.
 
Hugs, Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment