Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cleaning Paint Brushes

As soon as I am finished painting with my Purdy paint brush, I immediately place it in a jar of water or place it under the faucet with cool water running.  I have a kitchen scrub brush that I use to comb the paint gently from the brush, starting at the top and working through the ends.
 
When I have removed as much of the paint as I can, I use a bit of blue Dawn dish detergent and gently work that into the bristles.  I once again comb, gently through the brush to remove any stubborn paint specks.
 
Rinse throughly with cool water until all paint and Dawn dish detergent has been removed.
 
 
Shake or dab off excess water and reshape the bristles with your fingers.  Set aside to dry.
 
Your brushes should stay nice for a very long time with this method.
 
Hugs, Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to you, Nancy, for doing a very good job in maintaining your paint brushes. :] Whether we use a paint brush for professional or non-professional purposes, we should always learn how to take good care of it. :]

    ReplyDelete