Wednesday, August 29, 2012

In Praise of Frogtape

 
I have had this roll of tape for a while.  I intended to use it but then I put it in a drawer and forgot about it for a few weeks.
 
I needed to work on a headboard for a wedding banner of sorts and thought of the Frog tape.  I dug it out of the clutter in the drawer and began to apply to the headboard.
 
 
 
 
I first applied small pieces around the center oval and then straight pieces across the top edge of the bottom. 
 
I had previously painted the headboard a shabby white with satin finish Behr Paint from Home Depot.
 
 
I got out my trusty can of Rust o Lum Chalkboard Paint and using a Purdy brush, I painted two coats as suggested in the directions on the paint can. One going across the piece and one going up and down. Allow a day to dry inbetween coats.
 
 


I worked right up to the tape with my Purdy brush and the Frog Tape did the job.
 
 
 
I am ready to rub the Chalkboard surfaces with the side of a piece of chalk, wipe it off with a dry cloth and write the names of the bride and groom, date.
 
 
 
Just so you are aware, no paint came off with the tape, YEAH!!
All remarks have been voluntary.  I have not been compensated in anyway for my review.
 
This tape is great!  I am going to use it everytime now!
 
 
Hugs, Nancy
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment